There is an opening/opportunity for a postdoc/technician to join the group ASAP to pursue fungal-algal co-evolution experiments. We are particularly interested in candidates with molecular genetic/synthetic biology experience and a strong foundation in evolutionary biology. If qualified and interested, please contact Erik with:
(1) your CV (with names of at least 3 references),
(2) a detailed explanation of your interests and why you think you would be a good candidate for this work, and
(3) how you think he/we could help you with your career goals.
Erik is back from his sabbatical in Germany! And will be rebuilding his group (after contracting it substantially due to his absence in-person)...
Although graduate student applications for the Fall 2022 are basically past due, if you are are interested in potentially joining the lab thereafter, please feel free to contact Erik to discuss — planning ≥1 year is always a good idea.
We are always looking for ambitious, hard-working, curious, and disciplined team members to join us. If you have an appetite for discovery, adventure, and learning and are:
• a MS high school student interested in a summer research experience, check out: ARISE@UM
• an undergraduate interested in working in the lab during the year, over the summer, or for an Honor's thesis
• interested in a visiting the lab
...you are very welcome to contact Dr. Hom directly with an enquiry.
Meanwhile, we will be busy working to get long-overdue papers out the door!